~~MALTESAS Official Conference Terms and Conditions~~
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE ‘TERMS AND CONDITIONS’ MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
By registering and paid for any of MALTESAS Conference, Author/Co-Author/Participant(s) will be deemed to agree, understood, and accept the following Terms and Conditions:
- Organizer has fully right to transfer or to change any article to any other ACTIVE SCOPUS journal that seems fit for all conferences WITHOUT Author(s) consent.
- Author(s) must make sure that their articles are written based on conference tracks. The article must be original and have not been previously accepted in any journal or under consideration for publication elsewhere, otherwise the article will automatically be rejected and no refunds will be granted. Organizer has right to cancel any article for the journal that has not meet the submission guideline with/without Author and co-author(s) consent.
- Journal/Book/Proceeding Publisher has right to cancel any manuscript that does not meet the conference track or the paper is not suitable for their Journal/Book/Proceeding. In that case, affected Author(s) will be contacted for several alternative options such as move into another Publisher or etc.
- Organizer only look upon Elsevier (SCOPUS) for indexing purpose where the list of journals and proceedings are based on expert committee from multiple background of studies and also support from other universities and industries.
- Author understand that all articles publication will be sent to SCOPUS-indexed journal based on ACTIVE SCOPUS status during submission date of article to journal’s publisher.
- Organizer has no control over indexing of journal in SCOPUS database, therefore after the submission to Publisher, we do not take any responsibilities for the indexing coverage of the published articles in the SCOPUS database.
- Author and co-author(s) understand perfectly that the publication of the journals/articles/book chapters will takes AT LEAST 9 – 15 months from the conference date. It can be higher than the mentioned duration (more than 15 months) if the queue for publication is long at the Publisher’s side.
- Author and co-author(s) have no right to ask Organizer to speed up the publication period as the publication decision is 100% on the Publisher’s hands. However, we will try our best to make sure that the publication will take place in the nearest future.
- If the article requires a copyright, the copyright form must be signed and submitted/uploaded together with the article. Otherwise, we will not entertain and accept the article even though the author has paid for the article and NO REFUND will be entertained.
- Should there be any correction to be made, we will contact all authors through email. Always ensure that the registered email is active. Any no-reply, no-response to the said email will result in publication delay and article rejection.
- Access to the Publisher database will not be provided by Organizer. Author must use their institution subscription for the access. Hardcopy or softcopy version will never be provided by Organizer UNLESS the Publisher provided it for FREE.
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION AND ATTENDANCE
- Participant(s) agree that all information provided upon registration is correct. Participant(s) are solely responsible for the content of communications with the Organizer and their legality under all laws and regulations.
- The registration fee covers the abstract compilation (no articles will be included), conference’s program book, attendance at all technical sessions, and meals. Travelling and lodging fees are not included.
- Failure to attend the conference will result in the full cost being incurred. No refund shall be granted.
- No-Show (Did not come to the conference) Participant cannot ask for any materials to be sent to the Author/co-author UNLESS with a certain fee (Please email to Organizer). Minimum is RM200 (Malaysia)/USD 50.
- If Participant(s) unable to attend the conference, we welcome substitute participant attending in their place at no extra cost provided that we have at least 3 days prior notice of the name of your proposed substitute and have received payment in full. Please notify us of any substitutions by email to Organizer.
- Conference materials and certificate of attendance can be taken on behalf of authors by registered participant only with the permission from the Organizer. The person-on-behalf must present the representative letter with author’s sign along with the copy of Student/Staff ID card.
- The organizer cannot guarantee that a conference bag and other conference materials will be available for late registrations. All conference materials will be distributed on-site.
- If the maximum delegate capacity is reached, the organizer reserves the right to refuse additional registrations.
- By attending, all Participant(s) consent to photographs and film coverage being used at the organizer’s discretion. Participant(s) grant consent for their image and sound to be captured in any format and used in future marketing material.
- We take no responsibility for any items lost, stolen or misplaced at the conference.
INVOICING AND PAYMENT
- We do not accept Guarantee Letter or Local Order/Personal Order.
- All fees payable to Organizer/Organizer’s Event Management company by Participant(s) in accordance with the terms contained in this ‘information’ section shall be paid free and clear of all deductions or withholdings whatsoever.
- The payment must be done within 14 days upon receiving the invoice or 48 hours before conference day. Delay in payment might result in denying your attendance to the conference.
- Each registered paper will only cater for One Author Registration. Other authors must pay as Participant Without Paper/Attendee/Accompany if they want to attend and participate the conference session.
- Each registered paper will only entitle to One Certificate (Without Participant/Presenter Name). Extra certificate can be obtained through at additional fees.
- For Hardcopy of Acceptance/Invoice/Receipt/Other Similar Letters or Certificates that is requested to be sent to specific address will be charged for RM100 (Malaysia) and USD 50 (Outside Malaysia).
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
- In the case of over-payment or double payment, refund requests must be made in writing and send to the Organizer, by email.
- No refunds will be granted for unattended conferences or early termination of attendance, in case of cancellation of speakers, lack of space in the conference room or any other incidents during the conference, which are beyond the control of the Organizer.
- Participant(s) is/are responsible for own financing and travel accommodation.
- Where food and refreshments are to be provided, this will be stated on the conference details and the cost included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to us in advance of the conferences with additional cost and might not be available based on the situation given at that moment.
- The Organizer reserves the right to make alterations to the program, date and/or venue at any time without prior notice.
We shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should the conferences be cancelled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond our control.