~~MALTESAS Official Conference Terms and Conditions~~
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE ‘TERMS AND CONDITIONS’ MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
References to “Organizer” means Malaysia Technical Scientist Association (MALTESAS) and references to “we”, “us” and “our” shall be construed accordingly. Reference to “Participant” means all authors and applicants which registered for the conference and references to “author”, “you” and “your” shall be construed accordingly.
Terms and Conditions :
- Organizer has fully right to transfer or to change any article to any other ACTIVE SCOPUS journal/proceeding that seems fit for all conferences WITHOUT author consent. This is applicable for Journal/proceeding type publication.
- Authors must make sure that their article is written based on conference tracks. The article must be original and have not been previously accepted in any journal/proceeding or under consideration for publication elsewhere, otherwise the article will automatically rejected and there is no refund and whatsoever. Organizer has right to cancel any article for the journal/proceeding that has not meet the submission guideline with/without Author and co-author(s) consent.
- Author understand that if the article is being rejected due to content, formatting, citations and language, Organizer will not resubmit to other JOURNAL/PROCEEDING.
- Organizer only look upon Elsevier (SCOPUS) for indexing purpose where the list of journals and proceedings are based on expert committee from multiple background of studies and also support from other universities and industries.
- Author understand that all articles publication will be sent to SCOPUS JOURNAL/PROCEEDING based on ACTIVE SCOPUS status during the conference date OR during the submission of article to Publisher. For example, if the conference was held on November 2016, we will submit to the Publisher that is ACTIVE status on SCOPUS Journal/Proceeding Title List based on November 2016 list and not the upcoming list.
- Organizer has no control over indexing of journal in SCOPUS database, therefore after the submission to Publisher, we do not take any responsibilities for the indexing coverage of the published articles in the SCOPUS database.
- Final article that has been submitted to Organizer, cannot be corrected/edited.
- Author and co-author(s) understand perfectly that the publication of the journals/articles/book chapters will takes AT LEAST 9 – 15 months from the conference date. It can be higher than the mentioned duration (more than 15 months) if the queue for publication is long at the Publisher side.
- If the article requires a copyright, the copyright form must be signed and submitted/uploaded together with the article. Otherwise, we will not entertain and accept the article even though the author has paid for the article and NO REFUND will be entertained.
- Should there be any correction to be made, we will contact all authors through email. Always ensure that the registered email is active. Any no-reply, no-response to the said email will result in publication delay and article rejection.
- Access to the Publisher database will not be provided by Organizer. Author must use their institution subscription for the access. Author and co-author(s) has no right to ask Organizer for the copy. Hardcopy or softcopy version will never be provided by Organizer UNLESS the Publisher provided it for FREE ACCESS.
- CONFERENCE REGISTRATION AND ATTENDANCE
- Participant agree that all information you provided upon your registration is correct. You are solely responsible for the content of your communications with the Organizer and their legality under all laws and regulations.
- The registration fee covers the abstract compilation (no articles will be included), conference program guide, attendance at all technical sessions, and meals. Travelling and lodging fees are not included.
- Failure to attend the conference will result in the full cost being incurred. No refund shall be given.
- No-Show (Did not come to the conference) Participant cannot ask for any materials to be sent to the Author/co-author UNLESS with a certain fee (Please email to Organizer). Minimum is RM200 (Malaysia)/USD 50.
- f you are unable to attend the conference we welcome substitute participant attending in your place at no extra cost provided that we have at least 2 days prior notice of the name of your proposed substitute and have received payment in full. Please notify us of any substitutions by email to Organizer.
- Conference materials and certificate of attendance can be taken on behalf of authors by registered participant only with the permission from the Organizer. The person-on-behalf must present the representative letter with author’s sign along with the copy of Student/Staff ID card.
- The organizer cannot guarantee that a conference bag and other conference materials will be available for late registrations. All conference materials will be distributed on-site.
- If the maximum delegate capacity is reached, the organizer reserves the right to refuse additional registrations.
- By attending, all Participant consent to photographs and film coverage being used at the organizer’s discretion. Participant grant consent for their image and sound to be captured in any format and used in future marketing material.
- We take no responsibility for any items lost, stolen or misplaced at the conference.
- INVOICING AND PAYMENT
- We do not accept Guarantee Letter or Local Order/Personal Order.
- All fees payable to Organizer by you in accordance with the terms contained in this ‘information’ section shall be paid free and clear of all deductions or withholdings whatsoever.
- The payment must be done within 14 days upon receiving the invoice or 24 hours before conference day. Delay in payment might result in denying your attendance to the conference. Refer https://maltesas.my/payment-conferences/ for payment method.
- Each registered article will only cater for One Author Registration. Other authors must pay as Participant Without Papers if the other author or other person want to come and access the conference session.
- Each registered article will only entitle to One Certificate (Without Participant/Presenter Name). Extra certificate can be obtained through a certain fee based on the committee decision.
- For Hardcopy of Acceptance/Invoice/Receipt/Other Similar Letters or Certificates that is requested to send to specific address will be charged for RM100 (Malaysia) and USD 50 (Outside Malaysia). These Fee is for Save The Environment + Postage Charges.
- CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
- In the case of over-payment or double payment, refund requests must be made in writing and send to the Organizer, by email.
- No refunds will be granted for unattended conferences or early termination of attendance, in case of cancellation of speakers, lack of space in the conference room or any other incidents during the conference, which are beyond the control of the conference organizers.
- CONFERENCE PROVISIONS
- The participant is responsible for own financing and travel accommodation.
- Where food and refreshments are to be provided, this will be stated on the conference details and the cost included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to us in advance of the conferences with additional cost and might not be available based on the situation given at that moment.
- The Organizer reserves the right to make alterations to the program, date and/or venue at any time without prior notice.
- FORCE MAJEURE
- We shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should the conferences be cancelled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond our control.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT
Upon payment has been made (Payment Complete). Automatically the author(s) of corresponding paper will accepted and agreed to the Terms and Conditions. Please be informed that all authors must follow Registration Terms and Conditions defined below. The services and these Terms and Conditions are governed by and must be construed in accordance with MALTESAS rules. This Terms and Conditions are made and places into several sites and letters. In case of any discrepancies between the all those versions, the MALTESAS Official Conference Terms and Conditions version via official MALTESAS website shall prevail.